- Do the things that you find fulfilling, not just the things that bring external rewards (like recognition or money)
- Think of ways to increase the happiness of others, and you’ll find that you feel happier, and good about yourself.
- Smile when you can as the research shows that faking happiness can help improve your mood as well.
- Choose to let go of regrets and the things that bring you down. Try and focus on what’s good, and what is positive, instead.
- Relax, slow your pace, and start enjoying “little things”.
- Switch your cell phone, your ipad and your laptop off … and enjoy being free of technology.
- Change your routine, try new things, and move outside your comfort zone – doing that helps increase the flow of dopamine (the “feel good” hormone).